The Tomah Treasurer's office mission is to collect, deposit and invest all money received by the City of Tomah. The departmental goal is to do this as efficiently as possible and in a manor that will be beneficial to the City and its residents. The Treasurer's office also strives to offer good customer service to the general public and to the City departments it serves.




Molly Powell


Deputy Treasurer

Barb Hendricks


Accounts Payable

Candi Maas

Phone: (608) 374-7421

Mailing Address:
City of Tomah
Attn: Treasurer
819 Superior Avenue
Tomah, WI 54660

Helpful Information:

When are real estate taxes for the City of Tomah due?

Tax bills are mailed in December for the year being taxed. Payment is not due until January 31st of the following year. For example, 2020 tax bills were mailed on December 4, 2020. Payment is due by January 31, 2021. Payments for property taxes in the City of Tomah can be made in two ways:  Pay in full or pay following an installment plan.

The due dates are as follows:
1. In full or the first installment by January 31st
2. Second installment by March 31st
3. Third installment by May 31st
4. Fourth installment by July 31st

You must always pay at least the amount shown on the statement by these dates. If not, taxes become delinquent, installment option is forfeited and interest will be charged. If you would like a receipt ailed back to you please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.

What is the penalty if a tax payment is late or missed?

If your tax bill qualifies and if you choose to pay your taxes in installments, then you must pay each installment by the due date or the total amount of your remaining unpaid taxes, special assessments, special charges and special taxes (if any) will be delinquent (s. 4.11(7) or 74.12 & 74.87, Wisconsin Statutes.) All delinquent taxes are subject to interest of 1% per month (fraction of a month counts as a whole month) from February 1 until paid, and may be subject to additional penalty. (s. 74.47)

Where are the real estate taxes for the City of Tomah Paid?

Real Estate due to the City of Tomah may be mailed to:
City of Tomah
Attn: Treasurer
819 Superior Ave.
Tomah, WI 54660

Payments may also be left in the Treasurers Drop Box to the left of the front door of the Tomah Municipal Building at 819 Superior Ave., Tomah. These payments are picked up at 8:00 AM Monday thru Friday.

Payments can also be made at the Treasurers office on the first floor of the Tomah Municipal Building, 819 Superior Ave., Tomah. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday.

How and when can mobile home taxes be paid?

Contact your park owner for additional information on how they would like the mobile home tax to be paid.

Where can dog and cat licenses be purchased and when are they due?

Dog licenses can be purchased at the City Treasurer's Office in the City Municipal Building, 819 Superior Ave., Tomah. Dog licensing is required by Monroe County when the pet is 5 months of age. Cat licensing is required by the City of Tomah when the cat is 5 months of age. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required for the issuance of a license for dogs and cats. Licenses for cats and dogs should be purchased by March 31st of each year. After this date a late fee is charged along with the license fee.

Dog license fee for Male or Female: $27.00 Each
Dog Spayed or Neutered: $12.00 Each
Additional Late Fee after March 31st: $15.00 Each plus License Fee

Cat license fee for Male or Female: $26.00 Each
Cat Spayed or Neutered: $11.00 Each
Additional Late Fee after March 31st: $15.00 each plus License Fee

The ordinance allows for a maximum of two (2) dogs over the age of five (5) months per household. You may purchase your pet's license by mail but you must also send a self addressed stamped envelope.

Where can the City of Tomah Water and Sewer bills be paid and when are they due?

Water and sewer bills may be dropped off at or mailed to:
Tomah Water & Sewer Utility
819 Superior Ave.
Tomah, WI 54660

You may pay by credit card at the utility office or online as well

Water and Sewer bills are due by the 25th of each month.

What payments can be made at the Treasurer's office?

Real Estate Taxes, Personal Property Taxes, Water and Sewer Bills, Municipal Court fines, Tomah Area Ambulance payments.

How can payments due to the city be made?

The city accepts checks, money orders, cash, debit and credit cards.

To pay your fines or bonds online go to: The pay location code is 5008 for fines and forfeitures. A service fee will be added to each transaction.

To pay fines and forfeitures by credit card, call this toll free number 1-888-604-7888, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a service fee added to each transaction to do this. The pay location code is 5008 for fines and forfeitures.

Be sure to include your citation number when you are paying by credit card.