he Department of Inspection & Zoning provides a full range of services including: plan review; construction and property maintenance inspection field operations; floodplain regulation; full electrical, erosion control, HVAC, and plumbing inspection operations; abandoned and junk vehicles on private property, enforcement of minimum housing standards; liquor license inspections; Sign inspections; and assignment of property addresses.
When applying for a building permit for a new building, an addition and/or alteration, please remember to provide a "to-scale" drawing of the property (preferably a survey) that accurately depicts all existing and proposed structures on the parcel.
- Permit Fees
- Building Permit Checklist
- Link to deck code https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/sps/safety_and_buildings_and_environment/320_325/325_b.pdf
- Residential and Commercial Inspection Schedule
- Wisconsin's Requirements for Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- City of Tomah Zoning Map
- City of Tomah fence ordinance and information:fence regulations and neighbor permission slip
Click Here for County and State contacts for the City of Tomah
Zoning Administrator/Building Inspector: Shane Rolff
City Of Tomah
819 Superior Ave.
Tomah, WI 54660
Ph: (608) 374-7429